recipe - 69% cocoa, medium roast, long conche, blended platation cacao from Venezuela and Jamaica. Ingredients: cocoa nibs, cane sugar, cocoa butter
profile - A complex flavor profile with fruity notes and a subdued earthiness that lingers.
Post a comment telling us what you like (or not) about this chocolate.
profile - A complex flavor profile with fruity notes and a subdued earthiness that lingers.
Post a comment telling us what you like (or not) about this chocolate.

13 comments:
Four of us tasted batches 202, 203 and 204. 202 and 203 split the winning votes with 50% each. Both were slightly smoother than 204 and had a nice finish. All three beat out any commercial chocolate I've tasted of late. Can't wait for 205!
This is my favorite!!! Very smooth. It has a wonerful creamy, buttery, vanilla flavor with a hint of a tangy citrus (orange/lemon) coming through s the chocolate melts. Love the chocolat flavor! More please :D
Very earthy, short finish, slow start and a little spicy.
Strong aroma, slow start and quick finish, much more boldness in vanilla and mint, more of a caramel taste. A good one.
As with the 204, I should have read your website first and I would have preferred to have both the 204 and the 202 at the same time (I got them a few days apart). Please, also, excuse my lack of "expertise" in describing my thoughts. (I don't do wine either.) But I enjoyed the 202 just as much as the 204. I, too, thought I could sense the slightest hint of something fruity. Being a huge orange-chocolate fan, this was nice. The chocolate was, again, very smooth and not as bitter as I thought it might be. I did expect it to be a bit sweeter than the 204 and maybe it is, but with several days time between them, they seemed to be of similar sweetness by memory.
202- This was my favorite, but my guests liked the others more. It has a malted flavor. I think it is very balanced and smooth! Great chocolate.
It really is a tie with #203. I went back and forth trying to decide which I liked best. (Tough job, but hey...!)
Though rich and creamy, the chocolate flavor was a bit more delicate. It had a lighter fruity taste. I think it would market very well. I'd definitely buy it!
As a milk chocolate lover I really enjoyed this chocolate. It wasn't to dark, had a really smooth flavor. This one is a new favorite of mine.
Overall much creamier compared to the 203 and 204. Very smooth/silky
#202 had a strong dark, slightly smokey flavor, that was just sweet enough for eating anytime. It had a pleasing feel in my mouth, melting at just the right rate. Buttery smooth with a long finish. Good stuff, that!
Kind of a "burnt" aroma. Quick melt compared to 204. Liked this the best of the three (202, 203 & 204).
Tasted this one at the same time as the 203 and 204 and this one was by far my favorite. I found the aroma more subtle and pleasant. I gave it a slow-ish start and a shorter finish than the other two. It tasted smoother or creamier to me than the others and didn't have the sharper flavors (acidic or bitter) as the 203 and 204. It was the most chocolately to my taste and I only rated the fruity and roasted flavors fairly low. No single strong flavor jumped out at me with this one. With no bitter or acidic aftertaste, this one is by far my favorite.
Looking forward to lining up my taste buds with this elite group of samplers. Really like the idea of small batches, carefully crafted.
Post a Comment