
recipe - 65% cocoa, medium roast, subtle conche, single origin Venezuela Carenero Superior cacao. Ingredients: cocoa nibs, cane sugar, cocoa butter.
profile - Intense cocoa start with strong fruity notes and a long, smooth finish.
Post a comment telling us what you like (or not) about this chocolate.
19 comments:
I really enjoyed the hint of fruit in this and as the description states the intense Cocoa start. This is a mouth watering chocolate!!!
I would truly recommend this one. I love the hint of fruit in this bar, leaving my mouth with a true pure rich silky chocolate flavor just lingering in my mouth with delight.
I like the sutle fruitiness of this one, although it's not my favorite. The buds ask for more when I let this one melt on my tongue, which is okay, but the perfect satisfaction is not there. I think this one could be a real danger to the waistline.
shirley
This has a nice chocolate flavor. The fruity flavor lends itself to the "dark" types of fruits (cherries, plums, figs, etc.). Has a smooth texture.
Very fruity and roasted flavors.
Not a strong aroma, slow start and quick finish, very vanillaey, chocolately and very fruity. My favorite.
203. Was Woody's favorite. For making chocolate souffle it may be little too sweet. But great for eating out of hand!
So this was my first 'tasting' experience... I am hooked! Now I can't wait to try the others. I have always preferred more the milk chocolates, but I might be able to be swayed with this! Very smooth, surprisingly fruity, (read that... wasn't expecting it)and I found myself savoring every morsel.
The bars were excellent.
Loved it!
Thank you
Helena
love the fruity taste and the smooth texture. Hard to stop at one bite. this one is my favorite!
Wonderful flavor and texture! It starts out sweet and light and emerges into a strong intense chocolate flavor. I would love to try this wrapped around a big juicy strawberry!
This was my very favorite. Admittedly, I'm a "newbie" to dark chocolate. This pleased my palate immediately. Rich & creamy. Not too sweet, and not bitter. Loved it!
I just love dark chocolate and its hard to pick but I do think this was my favorite. The big thing I picked up on was it not being bitter, thats always been my problem with so many dark chocolates.
Thanks guys, this is awesome. :)
This one was really good. I thought 202 was my favorite but this one beat 202. I really like the fruity flavor, its not to over powering. Great chocolate taste as it melts. Definitely one to savor and enjoy!
My favorite. Very interesting flavors in my mouth: including fruity and florals...love the complexity!! Very smooth texture and warm aroma. YUM!
#203 is beautifully sweet and flavorful, reminding me of caramelized sugar and dried cherries. VERY edible!
Sweeter than 204. For some reason, it reminds me of cranberries.
#203 is a classic eating chocolate. From its lovely snap to its smooth melt in the mouth texture, it met all the requirements for a fine chocolate. It offers a quick start and a lingering, flavorful finish.
Tasted this one at the same time as 202 and 204. I gave it a "medium" start and a long-ish finish. Like the other commenters I rated this one very fruity and rather acidic. As soon as I put the piece on my tongue and let it start to melt, I had a light "puckering" in my throat/glands like you get when you eat or drink something sour. Compared to the 204, this one was distinctly more chocolately to me and I liked it much better than the 204, but not as much as the 202. Very nice.
Post a Comment