We're a start-up chocolate making company. We import cocoa beans and transform them into finished chocolate using equipment we have designed and built ourselves. This has become a passionate endeavor since we first started looking into chocolate making in 2003.
When we started researching chocolate we quickly discovered that manufacturing equipment exists for large capacity chocolate factories but not for small businesses. There were no commercial solutions available for a home or small business person to make chocolate from cocoa beans. So we decided to go for it! We researched chocolate, its origins, the history of manufacturing, its chemistry and learned all we could. Throughout this adventure we discovered that making really good chocolate involves a combination of processes, equipment, ingredients, recipes and patience. We scaled our equipment size and design to enable small businesses to manufacture chocolate in a small space and without the industrial infrastructure required by larger manufacturing equipment. Our goal was to enable any small business to manufacture chocolate without a large capital investment. We're getting close to that goal.
Today, we're in a really fun place in this journey. Our equipment works! Now, we need to prove that we can use it to make exceptional chocolate. We're developing "prototype" batches of chocolate and looking for consumer feedback. There's more about this on our website (www.frescochocolate.com).
We come from a variety of backgrounds: Business Development, Design Engineering and Electronics Manufacturing. We share a common passion for uncommon chocolate and will keep making and refining chocolate and our equipment until we get it right.
This Blog is setup with posts for each chocolate batch we make. Feel free leave comments and tell us what you think about the chocolate - good or bad. If you have other comments or prefer email you can contact us at: info@frescochocolate.com
November 19, 2008
who is fresco chocolate and what is this blog all about...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was a lucky taste tester, and I can say for sure that "homemade"
chocolate is a brand new experience! I might add that even the best commercial chocolate upsets my digestion, and that didn't happen with fresco chocolate.
all I can say is I got to taste it. Not sure which ones....but I remember I liked the lower percent one best.
Post a Comment