
recipe - 80% cocoa, dark roast, subtle conche, single origin cacao from Jamaica. Ingredients: cocoa nibs, cane sugar, cocoa butter
profile - A chocolaty and earthy start; tobacco and toasted grain middle, slightly tannin, velvety feel, long finish.
Post a comment telling us what you like (or not) about this chocolate.
November 4, 2008
chocolate batch 204
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
It's so much chocolate flavor that you'll never forget the experience. Almost overwhelming, but in a very, very good way.
A very strong, earthy, chocolate flavor. I would prefer this chocolate for cooking rather than eating. Very smooth.
Intense chocolately!! My favorite!
Crazily intense, strong aroma, slow start and fast finish - very earthy and chocolately. Not my favorite but ok
I don't have the fancy words to describe it. I thoroughly enjoyed the 204. It was much smoother and less bitter than I expected an 80% cocoa chocolate would taste like. I only wish I had the 204 and 202 at the same time (and that I'd read your website!) first. Very good.
204 Was our choice for souffle-making. Had a rich, bitter flavor, perfect for making desserts and really enjoying intense chocolate flavor!
wonderful flavor and creamy texture.
Ah, yes...batch 2004 is the one. We have sampled (ok, gluttonous frenzy would be more accurate)various 'premium' chocolate offerings over the years from various producers with results ranging from "Wow...Nest#es idea of how bad chocolate can be" to "Wow...this is incredible!!!". Fresco Chocolate, especially 204, falls in to the latter category and should be considered as solidly in the upper 10% of fine quality chocolate; essential, honest, small batch, no excuses. It amazes me how the big names can market what they call chocolate when real chocolate like this exists...perhaps Her$hey should reidentify their product as "Faux chocolate-like food product".
GOOD ON YA, Fresco Chocolate!!!!
I also thought this chocolate would serve me best in baking. It was very smooth, and the intense chocolate taste was creamy.
Nice 'n shiny!! With good snappage! Slow start, overall earthy nuances, the flavor lingers. 204 is so satisfying!
Dark, slightly bitter, would be willing to try again.
#204 is a treat for the sophisticated chocoholic who appreciates the dark roast and the higher cocoa content. It combines the intense flavors with a lasting finish. Excellent!
OK, I've re-tasted the 204 at the same time as the 202 and 203, and had the tasting score sheet in front of me. Trying to use the score guide, I found it to have a relatively slow start and on my tongue, a long finish. I found it very earthy with hints of roasted and spicy-ness. Unfortunately, on my tongue, the long finish was mostly bitter. Compared to the other two, this was the least chocolately to me. This doesn't mean it isn't good, it is also very smooth, just low on my preference scale. I suspect I am a "super-taster" and anything bitter is very noticeable to me.
This, was my husband's fave he loves dark intense chocolate
TI was too bitter for me though
we had fun tasting here in Australia - thanks as our choc is completely diff to american choc
Post a Comment